- Back to Home »
- HEALTH , Vitamin D , WORLD »
- Reasons for Vitamin D deficiency in the body - Health Consultant
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Wednesday, November 9, 2022
5 reasons for Vitamin D deficiency in the body - Health Consultant
An internist and Gastroenterologist in King Abdulaziz Medical City, Dr. Abdullah Al-Dhiyabi explained the causes of Vitamin D deficiency in the body. Trending : A study links lack of sleep and risk of obesity
Al-Dhiyabi through his Twitter handle stated that, among the causes of Vitamin D deficiency in the body are many of this mentioned below.
* Decreased exposure to the Sun.
* Chronic liver disease
* Kidney failure. Most Viewed : Eating one meal per day can cause high blood pressure
* Gastric operations
* Small intestine diseases
* Medicines like epilepsy and cortisone.
- He confirmed that the normal level of Vitamin D in the body is 30 to 40 ng/mL, the other unit is 75 to 100 nmol/L.
- Al-Dhiyabi explained that, Vitamin D is considered deficient, if it is less than 20 ng/mL and in the other unit it is less than 50 nmol/L.
- He advised for exposed to the sun in the winter in order to obtain an adequate rate of Vitamin D. Recommend : 3 reasons why children get cancer and these are the prevention methods