- Back to Home »
- EXPATS NEWS , QIWA , SAUDI ARABIA , SAUDI NEWS , TANAZUL »
- Implementation of 2nd phase in amending the procedure of Job transfer of Expat worker
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Wednesday, September 7, 2022
Implementation of 2nd phase in amending the procedure of Job transfer of Expat worker
The Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development in Saudi Arabia, through its “Qiwa” platform, implemented the 2nd phase of amending the mechanism of job transfer for the worker, on all private sector establishments.
This comes in line after completing the first phase, which allowed the modification of the transfer mechanism to individual establishments only. Recommend : Jawazat provides only 7 days for transfer of service of domestic workers
- The second phase is an extension of the development of the Ministry's policies and services in line with the objectives of the labor market strategy, raising its efficiency and the level of labor rights, demanding the new employer to pay the financial compensation from the date the worker moved to it.
- The application of this phase is in the interest of all parties by stopping the gathering of unpaid amounts on the current employer, not burdening the new employer with the debt of those amounts for a previous period in which he did not benefit from the services of the worker, and also contributing to improving the worker's journey and raising the level of flexibility of job change procedures between companies to create an attractive labor market.
- The Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development has made available the "Qiwa" platform to allow the labor sector to access all its services with unified access, as it aims to create an integrated and competitive labor market that achieves the objectives of the labor market strategy. Read : Who to bear the fee of Work permit and Iqama renewal after a Job transfer