Posted by : Aahil Shaik Sunday, September 5, 2021
Four reasons behind the increase in Heart attacks among Young people
Several health experts recently highlighted about the rising number of heart attack deaths in young adults, as per the report published by Boldsky website.
Health Experts explained that, in most cases, a heart attack occurs as result of ageing, but now there is a rise in the number of young people suffering from heart attacks, as statistical reports shows that the accidental risk has increased by 53% within 5 years in many countries.
- A rise has been seen over the past few years in the heart related problems, with reports of heart attacks appearing in people between the ages of 18 and 20 years. Trending : Saudi Arabia to provide 3rd dose of Corona vaccine to Targeted groups
4 main causes of Heart Attacks are :
1. Smoking : Smoking is one of the largest risk factors for coronary artery disease among youth adults, smoking increases the risk of heart attacks by twice as much as in non-smokers. According to one study, smoking increases the risk of developing heart-related health problems 8 times more.
2. Stress : Normal levels of stress are manageable, extremes are seen as a major cause of sudden heart attack.
3. Obesity : As obese people need more blood to supply their bodies with Oxygen and Nutrients, it causes high blood pressure (BP), a common cause of heart attack. Recommend : Saudi Interior Ministry adds 3 new violations to the list of Precautionary measures
4. Lifestyle : Heart attacks have largely become a lifestyle disease, Eating a diet high in saturated fats, trans fats and cholesterol, lack of exercise and other unhealthy lifestyles have been linked to heart attacks in young adults.
- According to doctors, the increasing number of sudden cardiovascular complications is mainly due to changing modern lifestyles and inactivity habits, which are increasing, especially since the start of the curfew and lockdowns due to corona pandemic.
- The risk factors that can increase the chances of heart attack in young people are
* Smoking and excessive tobacco usage
* Sedentary Lifestyle (Physically inactive)
* Poor diet See Also : Saudi Arabia ranks 2nd in World in Digital Competitiveness among G20 nations
* Family history or Genetic risk
* Obesity and high Body Mass Index levels
* Excessive alcohol use
* High Cholesterol levels
* Diabetes Read : Studies revealed 5 dangers of eating before bed time
* Clinical depression