- Back to Home »
- SAUDI ARABIA , SAUDI NEWS , TOP 10 , WORLD »
- Saudi Arabia ranks 2nd in the world in production of Dates in a Year with 1.5 million tons
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Tuesday, June 29, 2021
Saudi Arabia ranks 2nd in the world in production of Dates in a Year with 1.5 million tons
Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030 aimed to invest in the important natural components that the Kingdom is rich in, especially food and agricultural crops, and looking for the dates sector one of the most important sectors that begin the era of national investments and exports to countries around the world.
As per the report of the National Center for Palms and Dates and the General Authority for Statistics, exports of dates in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia reached 107 countries in 2020, which confirms the great development of marketing the product and the expansion of its export than in previous years.
- The value of exports of dates grew by 7.1% at a value of 927 million riyals, while the increase in the amount of exports of dates in the same year amounted to 17% to reach 215,000 tons, while the Kingdom produces more than 1.5 million tons of dates every year and ranks second in the world as the most Date producing countries. Most Viewed : Kuwait lifts travel ban on 12 countries, Starting 1st July
- Saudi Arabia seeks to raise the level of its exports globally and promote the Saudi dates brand by improving the quality of production in farms and factories, improving the quality of exported dates and encouraging investment in the palm and dates sector.
- Within the framework of operating and developing the current farms, the National Center for Palms and Dates seeks to find an integrated system of agricultural, logistical, marketing and knowledge services and adopt modern technologies to achieve production efficiency and increase the rate of consumption of Saudi dates locally and globally, as the Kingdom hold more than 31 million palm trees and more than 123,000 agricultural holdings.
- The palm and date sector contributes to many manufacturing and food industries, including food, fodder and other industries such as medical and cosmetic products and building materials industries. The number of date factories in the Kingdom is 157. Recommend : Procedure to download Corona vaccination certificate in Saudi Arabia
- The manufacturing industries for palms and dates are one of the most important industries in the world, which indicates their development in many countries producing and consuming dates.
- Since the launch of the Saudi Dates brand, the number of palms with the mark has reached 1.7 million, and constitutes 5% of the total number of palm trees in Saudi Arabia, while 42 factories, 41 farms and 24 companies have acquired, in addition to many farms and factories that are under the process of joining and achieving the conditions for joining the brand.
- The revenues of dates can form record and large numbers, especially after developing the supply chain for farms through the launch of a number of post-harvest service centers, which will allow farmers to benefit from the services provided such as packaging, cleaning and storage, in addition to marketing products, which will have a significant impact on the farms and the sector. Join Saudi Expatriates Telegram channel