- Back to Home »
- EXPATS NEWS , GCC UPDATES , KSA , MOI , SAUDI ARABIA , SAUDI NEWS »
- Full details on lifting Travel restrictions on Exiting and Entering into Saudi Arabia
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Sunday, September 13, 2020
Full details on lifting Travel restrictions on Exiting and Entering into Saudi Arabia
The Ministry of Interior in Saudi Arabia announced that it would lift totally travel restrictions on citizens for leaving and returning to Saudi Arabia, with opening all land, sea and airports from 1st January 2021.
1. The complete lifting of the restrictions on citizens leaving and returning to the Kingdom, and allowing the opening of ports for all means of transport through the land, sea and air ports, after the date of January 1, 2021 AD, according to the procedures followed before the Corona pandemic.
2. The date set for lifting the suspension and permission shall be announced 30 days before January 1, 2021 AD, and to the Ministry of Health if required at that time; To submit a request to set preventive health requirements for passengers and carriers, while traveling, and in the halls of airports, ports and stations.
As an exception to what is stated in Clause (First), the following shall be made:
1) Allowing some categories of citizens to travel outside the Kingdom and return to it in accordance with certain controls and conditions, and they are:
A. Government employees, civil and military, assigned official duties.
B. Workers in the Saudi diplomatic and consular missions and attachés abroad, and workers in regional and international organizations, their families and their companions.
C. Workers in permanent jobs, in public, private or non-profit establishments, outside the Kingdom, and those who have job qualities in companies or commercial establishments outside the Kingdom.
D. Businessmen whose business conditions require travel to finish their commercial and industrial activities, and export, marketing and sales managers, whose work requires visiting their clients.
E. Patients whose treatment requires travel outside the Kingdom, based on medical reports, especially cancer patients and patients in need of organ transplantation.
F. Students on scholarship, students studying on their own account, and trainees in medical fellowship programs, whose studies or training require travel to the countries in which they study or train and their companions.
G. Those who have humanitarian cases, especially the following two cases:
a. Family reunification of a citizen or citizenship with their relatives residing outside the Kingdom.
b. The death of the husband, wife, parent, or child outside the kingdom.
H. Resident Expatriates outside the Kingdom and their companions, who have proof of their residence outside the Kingdom.
I. Participants in regional and international official sporting events, including players and members of technical and administrative staff.
2. Allowing entry and exit from the Kingdom for citizens of GCC countries, as well as permitting entry to non-Saudis (Expatriates) who hold, Exit and re-entry visa, work visa, residence visa and visit visa, provided that the entry of citizens of GCC states and expatriates into the Kingdom is in accordance with the preventive health controls and procedures set by the committee concerned with taking measures to prevent the spread of the Corona virus in the Kingdom, and that the controls include not allowing anyone to enter The territory of the Kingdom, except after submitting evidence that it is free from infection with the emerging corona virus, based on a recent analysis by a reliable authority outside the Kingdom, the date of its conducting has not passed more than 48 hours, the moment it reached the port.
3. The suspension is partially raised, For international flights to and from the Kingdom, and the opening of land, sea and air ports, allowing the excluded groups of citizens and residents to enter and exit the Kingdom.
4. What is stated in these exceptions is without prejudice to any approved requirements or controls related to the countries to which travel or arrival has been suspended, for reasons other than limiting the spread of the new Corona virus.
5. What is stated in these exceptions does not apply to countries that the concerned committee decides to take preventive measures by suspending travel to or coming from them, due to the outbreak of the new Corona virus in them, in order to prevent the spread of the virus in the Kingdom.
6. The work begins with the implementation of the exceptions indicated. 6 AM in the morning on Tuesday, Muharram 27, 1442 AH, corresponding to September 15, 2020 AD.
The concerned authorities shall issue, each within its own jurisdiction, explanatory data for the procedures for implementing the aforementioned exceptions, including the relevant controls and conditions.
A plan to re-allow Umrah to be performed will be announced gradually, based on what will be decided independently later in this regard, in light of the developments related to the pandemic.