- Back to Home »
- EXPATS NEWS , FINES & PENALTIES , SAUDI ARABIA , SAUDI NEWS , TRAFFIC UPDATES »
- Leaving Children alone in Car is a Traffic violation in Saudi Arabia, Violators to face Hefty Fines
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Wednesday, August 26, 2020
Leaving Children alone in Car is a Traffic violation in Saudi Arabia, Violators to face Hefty Fines
The General Directorate of Traffic department in Saudi Arabia warns motorists against leaving children unattended inside vehicles and reminded that those who violates will be penalized. See Also : Jubail opened its first cinema at Jubail Mall
The Muroor in Saudi Arabia said leaving children under the age of 10 without an adult with them in a car is a traffic violation and those who violate it will be penalized with 300 SR to 500 SR.
- The warning was stated in a circular issued by the Traffic directorate reminding parents that "Your children are your responsibility, Do not leave them without an adult with them".
- However, The traffic department clarified that those who sits on back-seat of the car and use cell phones are not violating any traffic law, even they are children. Trending : An expat experience fraud near ATM, alert others to avoid such people
- Last year, Saudi reported a 5 year old girl left behind in car by her uncle and had died of suffocation in the Jazan region of Saudi Arabia.