Posted by : Aahil Shaik Saturday, July 25, 2020
First Phase of Saudization in Pharmacy Professions employed 1500 Saudi Nationals - HR Ministry
After the successful implementation of the first phase of Saudization of the pharmacy profession started at 20% by 22nd July 2020, the second phase will start by 11th July 2021, which aims to localize pharmacy jobs by 30%. Related : Pharmacy jobs to be gradually localized in Saudi Arabia
The Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development in Saudi Arabia confirmed that 1500 pharmacists were employed in 2020, after the decision to localize the pharmacy sector earlier this year, achieving 50% of the target in the year 2022.
- The Ministry of Human Resources denied, through its Twitter account, the authenticity of what is being said on social media about not employing any Saudi pharmacist after the decision to localize the pharmacy jobs. See Also : Hefty penalties and 10 years imprisonment for Pharmaceutical fraud
- The Ministry stated that 1500 Saudi pharmacists were employed in the sector in its first phase, targeting 3000 jobs for the Saudi nationals by the year 2022.
- The Minister of Human Resources and Social Development issued a decision in February 2020 to gradually localize the pharmacy profession jobs and its specializations in all labor market activities and outlets, provided that the decision is implemented in two phases.
- The implementation of the first stage of localization of the pharmacy profession started at 20%, while the second phase will start as of 12/01/1442 (11th July 2021), which aims to localize 30%. Read : Your Iqama is now act as your Insurance card
- The decision includes establishments where the number of expatriate workers in the pharmacy profession exceeds 5 pharmacists or more, with the exception of pharmacists working in the field of "pharmaceutical product marketing specialist" in pharmaceutical companies, drug agents, distributors and factories for which a resettlement decision was issued in 2018.