Posted by : Aahil Shaik Monday, June 22, 2020
Saudi Arabia reopens Cinemas with Corona Virus regulations & Protocols
Saudi Arabia reopens cinema theaters after the announcement of return to normal life, but with strict protocols in order to curb the corona virus as per the General Commission for Audiovisual Media (GCAM).
The protocols to follow after at cinema theaters as per GCAM are :
1. Workers must wear face masks and gloves while interacting with customers.
2. Temperatures of workers must be checked daily before the start of each shift.
3. Customers without mask are not allowed to enter into cinema theater.
4. It's preferable to use thermal screening cameras at all entry points.
5. Temperatures must be checked all main entrances, each individual must be asked about respiratory symptoms like coughing or short breathing.
6. Customers whose temperatures is high or exhibits respiratory symptoms should be prevented from entering cinema theater.
7. Any customer who is suspected of being infected with corona virus should be banned and his or her information should be reported to health authorities.
8. Maintain social distance of 1.5 to 2 meters in waiting areas, ticket counters, food and beverage selling outlets and bathrooms.
9. Make sure that the seats in each theater are allotted to maintain social distance by leaving 2 seats empty between every two individuals.
10. Family members are allowed to sit together and empty seats should be kept between them and the other customers.
11. Reduce the capacity of cinema theater to half, ensure social distancing between two individuals or two families at the time of purchasing ticket.
12. Purchase movie tickets through online or through mobile app and avoid crowds.
13. Entry and Exit points should be separated and clearly marked, it is preferable to have security officers to manage the flow of movement and enforce spacing.
14. Sanitizers must be accessible and made available at entry points, bathrooms among others, sanitizers must be with 60 to 80% alcohol.
15. Tissues must be available and easy accessible.
16. Frequently touched surfaces like doornobs and armrests should be sanitized regularly.
17. Bathrooms must be cleaned and sanitized daily, preferable every 2 hours.
18. Establishments must ensure good air ventilation and reduce temperature in cinemas.
19. Covid-19 regulations which apply to restaurants and cafes also applicable to food and beverage selling stalls at cinema theaters.
20. Employees who have symptoms like fever, coughing, runny nose or sore throat must not be allowed to work or enter the cinema until they are free of symptoms as per doctor's report.
21. If an employee is corona virus positive, the cinema must shut down and suspend all operations until complete disinfection processes are carried out and the theaters are properly ventilated, other employees must be tested and isolated.