Posted by : Aahil Shaik Friday, June 5, 2020
Re-Imposing Curfew in Jeddah from 3 PM to 6 AM for 15 Days, Starting from 6th June
The Ministry of Interior in Saudi Arabia stated that, based on the health assessment submitted by the competent health authorities after reviewing the epidemiological situation and the high occupancy rates of the intensive care departments, it was decided to re-tighten the health precautions in the city of Jeddah for a period of 15 days.
Starting from Saturday, June 6, 2020, until the end of Saturday, June 20, 2020, The precautions applied in Jeddah will be as follows :
- Curfew around the city from 3 PM in the afternoon until 6 AM in the morning.
- Suspending the performance of prayers in mosques.
- Suspending attendance to the workplace in ministries, government agencies and private sector companies.
- Suspending the submission of internal requests in restaurants and cafes.
- Continuing to allow domestic, air and land travel via trains.
- Allowing entry and exit from the city outside the curfew times.
- Preventing any gatherings of more than 5 people.
- The groups that are exempted from previous decisions continue to perform their activities, bearing in mind that this is within the narrowest scope, and in accordance with the procedures and controls set by the concerned authority.
- The source stressed the continuation of monitoring the number of critical cases in the city of Riyadh, which is witnessing a continuous rise during the last days, in preparation for taking the appropriate action in the event that this rise continues.
- The source pointed out that the rest of the cities and governorates of the Kingdom will continue to be the situation as is currently the case.
- Ministry stressed that in the event that signs appear, a change in the mechanism must be made in any region, governorate, city, or neighborhood, and that will be announced in due course.