Posted by : Aahil Shaik Tuesday, May 19, 2020
Sponsorship Transfer of Domestic Workers to Establishments stopped in Saudi Arabia
The service of sponsorship transfer of domestic workers to establishments has been stopped once again after the 4 months of launching it, by the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Related : Conditions for transferring sponsorship of domestic workers to establishments
The ministry also decided to rolled back the decision to exempt firms, which were set up before 25-08-1440 and were applicable to exempt the workers fee for 4 workers for a period of 5 years, from the date they were established provided their owners work in their firms and have more than 9 employees.
- According to the Ministry, the decision granting exemption benefit for 4 workers for the remaining has been canceled. However, in the new decision it is included to exempt the establishments from only 2 workers for a period of 3 years or 4 workers in case the owner of the establishment works full time along with another Saudi employee. See Also : Ministry of HR allows Sponsorship Transfers without Conditions during Corona virus
- During the past year, the Iqama of domestic workers wishing to benefit from this should not be renewed for more than a year as specified by the Ministry of Human Resources.
- If the domestic worker's iqama has been renewed more than a year ago, his request for transfer his service to firm will not be accepted as domestic workers are exempt from expat levy fee, while the ministry will not provide the service for transferring the worker from an establishment to an individual.
- A consent form for the domestic worker for transferring his sponsorship to the firm while changing his profession at the Ministry of HR. Read : Check available funds on your iqama
- The form has to be filled by the worker name, iqama number, his approval for transfer, he should not work with new employer unless he is fully transferred and only after adding his profession to one requested. The domestic worker will then sign the form and put his thumb impression. In addition the document will be translated to English for non Arabic speakers along with name of the establishment, file number and official seal and signature.