Posted by : Aahil Shaik Monday, February 10, 2020
Saudi Arabia's Shoura Council asked to Study on Keeping Expat Levy of the year 2019 for the year 2020
Saudi Arabia's Shoura Council called on the Ministry of Commerce to work with relevant authorities to carry a study about the possibility of keeping the expatriate fee and dependents fee same as of the year 2019 for the year 2020.
Earlier, The Shoura Council members called for carrying studies on the negative effects of imposing fees on expatriates on various social and economic reforms.
- The members of the Shoura Council in Saudi Arabia also called to study the effectiveness and efficiency of implementing the law to combat commercial fraud, and developing the law in a way that will ensure raising its standard level and achieving the goals. Similar : No changes in expat levy or dependent fee
- Two months back, Saudi Finance Minister said that expat levy fee and dependent fee will continue to raise as planned for the year 2020, If there is any change comes on it, it will be informed.
- The expat levy or work permit fee for companies, where the Saudi nationals are less than foreigners will be 800 SR per month and 9600 SR per month. And where the locals are more than expatriates the fee will be 700 SR per month or 8400 SR per month for the year 2020. Know more : Work permit fee of expats for the year 2020 in Saudi Arabia
- The dependent fee of expatriates in Saudi Arabia from July 2020 to become 400 SR per month and 4800 SR per year on each dependent, The dependent fee of 300 SR on each member to apply till June 2020.
- Last year, Saudi Arabia waived off the industrial workers expat levy fee from 1st October and announced that, The government of the Kingdom is going to pay 5 years expat levy fee for the industrial workers for all companies. Read more : Saudi Arabia waived off industrial workers expat levy fee