Posted by : Aahil Shaik Aug 3, 2019
Fines in Saudi Arabia on Private Companies for Delaying Salaries, End Of Service Benefits and refusing Weekly Offs
A fine of 10,000 Saudi Riyals on private company for each employee, if the company delays end of service benefit (ESB) of a staff member by a maximum of two weeks time as per the Ministry of Labor and Social Development violation rule. Most Viewed : Violation penalties on companies
As per the Article (90) of Saudi Labor Law, The salary payment of employees should be in Saudi official currency only, The payment should me made through the accredited banks of the Kingdom, The salaries should be paid during working hours and at the work place with the consent of an employee. Recommend : Employers violations fines list
- The Ministry of Labor in Saudi Arabia already warned companies so many times that, In case of delaying employee monthly salary, the private company will face a levy fine of 3000 SR on each employee.
- The companies should not pay salaries in any other currencies except Saudi Riyals or should not hold part of the salary without any legal justification, The company does not have a right to withhold the salary of a worker or employee. See Also : Wages delay fines on companies in Saudi Arabia
- The ministry also stated that the private companies will face a heavy fine if it employs a worker without legal written or documented contract, The organisation should not allow employee to work more than 8 hours in a day or 48 hours in a week.
- There is a huge fine, if the company refuse to give weekly off days or annual vacations to their staff members. An establishment will be fined 15,000 SR, If it employs less than 2 women employees or if the company does not have emergency exits and rescue equipment or fire extinguishers. Read : Benefits for expats on working in Saudi Arabia
- 25,000 SR fine on a company, if they did not allocate special work place for women, and 20,000 SR fine if they did not provide enough security guards reported in the article published on Saudi Gazette.