- Back to Home »
- SAUDI ARABIA TO OPEN ITS CONSULATE IN BANGALORE
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Sunday, December 9, 2018
SAUDI ARABIA TO OPEN ITS NEW CONSULATE IN BANGALORE
Saudi Arabia is planning to open its new consulate in Bengaluru, enabling the promotion of economic and cultural ties between the tech city and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Most Viewed : Indian government postponed mandatory registrations of eMigrate
-Saudi Arabia is yet to announce a date for the opening of its consulate. The Ambassador of Saudi Arabia to India said the number of travelers from Bangalore to Saudi Arabia has been on the rise and the number of aspirants for a Saudi visa has doubled in recent years. Recommend : List of banned items from bringing into Saudi Arabia
- In the background, the Saudi government has decided to establish a consulate in Bengaluru, he said as per the article published in Economic Times.
- It is one of the long standing demands of pilgrims and the large Kannadiga diaspora in Saudi Arabia for a consulate in Bengaluru could be fructifying shortly. Every year more than 50,000 pilgrims travel from Karnataka for Hajj and Umrah. See Also : Umrah e-Visas soon for individuals
- Karnataka's Chief Minister HD Kumarasamy welcomed its decision to open a consulate in Bangalore, after a meeting with Saudi Arabia's ambassador to India Saud MOhammed Al Sati.
- The Chief Minister said there are lot of opportunities in Karnataka in the field of tourism and infrastructure development and our government is open to investments from entrepreneurs of Saudi Arabia. Read : Saudi cities with highest and lowest salaries