- Back to Home »
- MANDATORY REGISTRATION FOR NON ECR INDIAN PASSPORT HOLDERS
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Friday, November 16, 2018
INDIAN EMBASSY CALLS NON ECR PASSPORT HOLDERS TO REGISTER IN EMIGRATE
All the Non Emigration Check Required (Non-ECR) (ECNR) passport holding Indian expatriates are hereby advised to note that in pursuance to Ministry of External Affairs mandate to provide protection and welfare to the Indian emigrants abroad. Most Viewed : Employing expats gets expensive than employing Saudis
It was decided that Non-ECR passport holding Indian expatriates, going for "overseas employment" to 18 notified countries (including Saudi Arabia) are required to register online through the website (www.emigrate.gov.in). Recommend : Indian government temporarily postponed eMigrate registrations
- The names of notified countries are Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, Malaysia, Afghanistan, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Sudan, South Sudan, Syria, Yemen and Thailand.
- All Indians travelling to the 18 ECR countries on "Work Visa" or "Employment Visa" are therefore advised to register online with immediate effect. Registration can be done by visiting the website emigrate.gov.in and key in their details at the link "ECNR Registration" and follow the steps to fill the Registration Form, On Successful completion of registration, the emigrant would receive a confirmatory SMS or email.
- The said registration of Non-ECR passport holders will be mandatory and required to be completed at least 24 hours prior to actual departure.
- Starting from 1st Jan 2019, no Indian emigrant holding Non-ECR passport, would be allowed to go these 18 ECR countries for employment, without prior registration in eMigrate. Read : Few interesting facts about India
- It is a measure of extending protection and ensuring their welfare overseas. Off loading of the unregistered Non ECR emigrants at the Airports, would be effected by the appropriate authority after 1st January 2019.
- For all other visa categories there is no change in existing procedures. In case of any inquiries or clarification intending emigrants may contact Pravasi Bharatiya Sahyata Kendra (PBSK) on toll free number 1800113090 or 01140503090 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org See Also : Visit visa fee is 300 for Indians now