- Back to Home »
- BANGLADESH GOVERNMENT BUYS LAND TO BUILD CONSULATE IN JEDDAH
Aug 10, 2018
BANGLADESH GOVERNMENT BUYS LAND IN JEDDAH TO BUILD ITS CONSULATE
The Bangladesh government has bought a total of 20,300 square meters of land at West Baghdadia in Jeddah to build its own Consulate General office in the city. Most Viewed : Violent fight between Sudanese and Bangladeshis in Riyadh
Bangladesh Foreign Minister Borhan Uddin, Consul General of Bangladesh Consulate General, signed the land deed on behalf of Bangladesh government. Recommend : Bangladeshi citizens can now travel 38 countries without visa
- Bangladesh Ambassador to Saudi Arabia, Joint Secretary of Finance ministry of Bangladesh, Director General of foreign ministry and other officials were present while the signing ceremony held in Jeddah city.
- Bangladesh Ambassador said, We are happy that it will be a building of our own in Jeddah and we will build both Chancery and the residence of the Consul General within the same complex. As currently our consulate office in Jeddah is in rented building. Useful : Population wise country rankings
- The new development indicates the strong bilateral relations between Bangladesh Prime Minister Shaik Hasina's government and the Kingdom's King Salman.
- Finishing touches are being made for the completion of Bangladesh embassy chancery building in the Diplomatic Quarter in Riyadh. If everything goes will it will be opened in September. The new complex inside the Diplomatic Quarter will also have the ambassador's residence and other facilities for the convenience of Bangladesh expatriate workers and citizens who visit the chancery daily. See Also : Scene behind the killings of Rohingiya Muslims