Posted by : Aahil Shaik Dec 13, 2017
NEW ELECTRICITY TARIFFS IN SAUDI ARABIA FROM 1st JAN 2018
Starting from January 1st 2018, Electricity tariffs in Saudi Arabia will be gradually increase said Saudi Electricity and Congregation Regulatory Authority (ECRA).
- Under the new prices of electricity tariffs, it will cover consumption tariffs for residential, commercial, agricultural, healthcare, private education and charitable institutions will increase.
- However electricity tariffs for Government and Industrial will remain same.
- Residential consumption electricity between 1 to 6000 KW/h per month will cost 18 halalas per KW/h, Above 6000 KW/h will be raised to 30 halalas.
- This is nearly equal to double or more than triple for some consumers, As previous it were 5 halalas for consumption between 1 to 2000 KW/h and 10 halalas for the consumption of electricty between 2001 to 4000 KW/h, However for consumption between 4001 to 6000 KW/h the price will slightly decrease from the current 20 halalas.
- Commercial sector electricity prices for consumption of 1 to 6000 KW/h will rise to 20 halalas and above 6000 KW/h will be 30 halalas.
- Agricultural, non profit and charitable organizations will have prices of 16 halalas for consumption of 1 to 6000 KW/h and 20 halalas for the consumption of above 6000 KW/h/
- Private healthcare providers, private schools and educational institutes will have a price of 21 halalas per KW/h.
- Industrial sector will be charged 18 halalas per KW/h and for Government sectors the charge will be 32 halalas per KW/h.
- The instructions has been sent to Saudi Electricity Company and Electricity facilities to amend in the current electricity billing system.
The new prices aimed to raise economic efficiency, nationalize consumption of natural resources and boost the contribution of the non oil sector.
- Part of the savings of the new price tariffs will be used to support a new citizen account program in order to protect the low to middle income families from austerity measures including a new value added tax and other cost increases.