- Back to Home »
- HAJJ UPDATES , MAKKAH UPDATES , SAUDI ARABIA , SAUDI NEWS , UMRAH UPDATES »
- The Blessed Day of Arafat (Arafah)
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Wednesday, July 29, 2020
The Blessed Day of Arafat (Arafah)
The day of Arafat falls every year on the 9th day of Dhul-Hijjah month (Hijri Calendar Last Month). This is the day when all the millions of Hajj pilgrims will gather at the plain of Arafat as it is mandatory ritual of Hajj, This year its falling on 19th July 2021. Most Viewed : A simple guide of Hajj pilgrimage
Muslims all over the world who are not performing Hajj on the day of Arafah are recommended to fast, As Allah has prepared enormous reward for them. "Fasting on the Day of Arafat absolves the sins of the previous year and the following year" - Muslim. Recommended : Kaaba Kiswah Changing day
It is not mandatory to fast on Arafah day for those who are performing Hajj on this day. As the Prophet Mohammed(Peace Be Upon Him) did not fast on this day when he was on Arafat.
- Arafah day is a day of Forgiveness from sins, freedom from hell fire for the people who are on the plain of Arafat and for the people who cannot gather there.
- The Prophet Mohammed(Peace Be Upon Him) said "There is no other day when Allah frees more people from Hell fire except the day of Arafat. Read this : Vacation and Holidays in KSA as per Labor Law
- Saudi Arabia and most of the Arab countries Labor law declared holiday on the day of Arafat. The next day after the Arafat day will be Eid Al Adha first day, which is on 20th July 2021 this year.