- Back to Home »
- WHAT IS EID AL ADHA AND HOW TO CELEBRATE IT
WHAT IS EID AL ADHA (BAKRID) & HOW TO CELEBRATE IT
Eid Al Adha falls on 10th of Dhu Al Hijjah month, It is one of the 2 major festivals in Islam, It is also known as festival of sacrifice. Recommend : Things to do before Eid
Eid Al Adha marks the willingness of Prophet Ibrahim to sacrifice his son out of faith in Allah. Eid Al Adha os subjected to the appearance of moon, so why it may varies from country to country. Related : Number of Hajj pilgrims arrived in Saudi Arabia in 2018
- Celebration of Eid Al Adha is same across the world, A day of Eid begins with Eid prayer just after the regular Fajar or morning prayer.
- It is obligatory for men and women to be performed Eid prayer in congregation. It is held in mosques and large grounds known as Eidgah.
- Eid wishes are exchanged between family members, friends and other Muslims. The celebration of Eid Al Adha can last up to 3 days. See Also : King Salman wishes happy Eid to all
- It is customary to wear new clothes on Eid day and to prepare a variety of dishes. In Asian countries elder people gives Eidi to children as a goodwill, Muslims all over the world visit to their friends and relatives in order to exchange Eid greeting.