- Back to Home »
- PENALTY FOR SMOKING AT NO SMOKING PLACES
FINES FOR SMOKING AT NO SMOKING PLACES IN SAUDI ARABIA
A fine of 200 Saudi riyals will be imposed on a person who smokes in places where it is prohibited, as per the executive director of communication and awareness at the Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA) reported in Saudi Gazette. Related : Penalty for smoking while driving in Saudi Arabia
Smoking is not allowed in companies and factories supervised by Saudi Food & Drug Authority, Smoking is also banned in places allocated for manufacturing, preparing and packaging food and beverages and warehouses which store medicines or food stuff. Recommend : Online local hajj bookings started for the year 2018
- Companies and facilities where the Saudi Food & Drug Authority anti smoking regulations and executive by law have been implemented will face fines in between 5000 Saudi riyals and 20,000 Saudi riyals for every violation of the rules and regulations except specifically mentioned fines.
- Smoking is also prohibited in vehicles transporting medicines, medical equipment, foodstuff and beverages. Anti smoking regulations is also applicable on mobile medical clinics, health centers, labs, pharmacies and other related facilities. Read : Saudi Arabia approved anti harassment law
- Smoking means smoking of tobacco and its derivatives like cigarettes, cigars and other substances like hubbly bubbly and shisha and other products in which tobacco is used.
- Places allocated for smoking should fulfill the terms mentioned in the anti-smoking executive by law. See Also : Saudi woman discovers someone receiving her salary for 14 years