Mar 19, 2018
MAN TRIES TO SELL FAKE KISWAH CLOTH FOR 8 MILLION SAUDI RIYALS
A man is trying to sell a fake black cloth of Kaaba for 8 million Saudi Riyals, He claims it is from Kiswah (Kiswah is a embroidered black and gold cloth that is covering Kaaba in Makkah). The seller did not reveal his details. Related : Kaaba Kiswah cloth
He said it is old and bleonged to Al Sheebi ( A family that is looking after the Kaaba since pre-Islam times). He insisted that the rame item was authentic and had an official license from the Emirate of Makkah Province to sell it. Similar : Rumors of blood near Kaaba
- Al Sheebi, A senior care taker of the Kaaba denied the claim and said his family did not own any piece of the Kiswah. Many people claim they have authentic piece of Kiswah and use my family name to gain the trust and confidence of those who want to buy it.
- The pieces they put out for sale are not original pieces, which is made in India or Egypt. The original Kiswah belongs to Saudi Arabia and the state is preserving it in special stores. Most Viewed : Man arrested for trying to lit in Makkah
- Emirate of Makkah said they did not grant any licenses or permits to anyone for selling any part of Kiswah cloth. Unfortunately there are many people who is offering pieces of cloth that are copies of Kiswah not original.
- The copies of Kiswah could be found in countries like Egypt, Turkey, Britain and France. Original Kiswah is made up of 670 kg of high quality silk and 120 kg of pure gold and silver. Read : Kaaba Kiswah change date
- Al Sheebi family is looking after the Kaaba was confirmed by Prophet Mohammad, who left the Kaaba key to the family and stressed that no one had the right to take it away from them. As per the family rule, the eldest member of the family is in charge of keeping and safeguarding the Kaaba key.