- Back to Home »
- NEW SPEED LIMIT OF 140KPH FROM 19 FEB 2018
SAUDI ARABIA APPLIES NEW SPEED LIMIT OF 140 KPH ON SOME HIGHWAYS FROM 19 FEB 2018
The new speed limit of 140 kph for small vehicles on some express highways is going to effect from 19th Feb 2018 (Monday) in Saudi Arabia, according to the Saudi Press Agency( SPA) report.
The new speed limits are, 140 Kmph for cars, 100 kmph for buses and 80 kmph for trucks, Signboards of speed limits are attached on some highways of the Kingdom.
The new speed limit is applicable on the express ways of
- Riyadh to Taif road (Eastwards) and Taif to Riyadh (Westwards)
- Riyadh to Qassim road (Northwards) and Qassim to Riyadh (Southwards)
- Makkah to Madinah road (Northwards) and Madinah to Makkah (Southwards)
- Jeddah to Madinah (Northwards) and Madinah to Jeddah (Southwards)
- It is requested not to exceed the speed limit and strictly abide the instructions and signboards, The increase in speed limits does not mean you need to increase speed up to that limit, you can go on your normal speed but you should not exceed the allowed maximum limit.