- Back to Home »
- HOLIDAYS IN SAUDI ARABIA FOR 2017 (1438 1439)
HOLIDAYS IN SAUDI ARABIA FOR 2017 (1438-1439)
As KSA is a pure Islamic country, Expatriates living in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia should not expect more holidays. Only Muslim festivals and a National Day are expected holidays on every year. Muslims have only two main festivals Eid-Al-Fitr and Eid-Al-Adha. Recommend : Sin Tax to be apply soon in KSA
Public holidays in Saudi Arabia for the year 2017 for both government or private sectors:
- Every Friday and Saturday are weekend holidays in the Kingdom for government sectors and most of the private sectors.
- Government sectors or public sectors will have upto 15 days holidays on each eid i.e,. Eid-Ul-Fitr and Eid-Ul-Adha.
- Most of the private sectors will provide 4 days holidays as per Saudi labor law for each eid, that is for Eid-Al-Fitr (Ramadan Eid) and Eid-Al-Adha (Bakrid). Related : Leaves for Expats as per Saudi Labor Law
- Few private sectors will follow their own company norms for providing holidays on Eid's, But the mandatory holiday will be on Eid and 1 day before Eid, Remaining all holidays will be added as overtime.
- Every year Saudi Arabia's National Day will fall on September 23rd, So every 23rd September is a public holiday in KSA. Similar : National Day Holiday on Week Day
- InShaAllah! Ramadan for the current year starts from 27th May of 2017 and ends on June 29th 2017 following Eid Al Fitr. See Also : Ramadan in Saudi Arabia
- InshaAllah! this year 2017, Arafat day will be on 31st August and Bakrid or Eid-Al-Adha will fall on next day that is September 1st.
- National for the current year 2017 will be on 23rd September. Read Also : Hijri Calendar
EID-AL-FITR (RAMADAN) HOLIDAYS FOR 2017(1438):
25th June 2017 to 28th June 2017 (4 DAYS)
EID-AL-ADHA (BAKRID) HOLIDAYS FOR 2017(1438):
31st August 2017 to 4th September 2017 (4 DAYS)
SAUDI NATIONAL DAY HOLIDAY FOR 2017(1439) :
23rd September 2017 (1 DAY)