- Back to Home »
- Blood Pressure , BP , HEALTH , KFMC , King Fahd Medical City , King Saud Medical City , KSMC , WORLD »
- 7 tips to control Blood Pressure, Health problems causing with High BP
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Thursday, May 18, 2023
7 tips to control Blood Pressure, Health problems causing with High BP
King Fahd Medical City (KFMC) in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia highlighted the value of adopting a number of Blood Pressure (BP) controlling strategies and avoid its risks, most notably quitting smoking and taking care of drinking water.
The King Fahd Medical City through its official Twitter handle said that one of the most important tips for controlling blood pressure are
1. Drink more water.
2. Stick to a healthy diet that includes Potassium and Fiber.
3. Maintain your weight in the normal range. Recommend : Animal proteins are better than vegetable proteins
4. Stay away from stressing yourself, make sure to do relaxation exercises.
5. Ensure your physical activity like walking for 30 minutes.
6. Reduce sodium and salt intake, only one spoon per day (less than 1500 mg).
7. Quit smoking.
- Previously, the Qassim Health Club advised few tips to prevent high blood pressure without medication, it includes, eating a healthy diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and proteins and reducing the intake of table salt so that it does not exceed 5 grams per day.
- The Health Club also suggested to reduce food rich in saturated fats, maintain a healthy weight, avoid smoking and exercise 150 minutes a week. Read : Benefits of honey for lungs, heart and digestive system
King Saud Medical City (KSMC) revealed some problems that may cause high blood pressure :
Diabetes, kidney illness, obstructive breathing while sleeping, and artery narrowing are the most common medical conditions that can result in high blood pressure, according to the King Saud Medical City.
- In addition to the mentioned, blood pressure is elevated by conditions like "lupus erythematosus, inflammation of filters inside the kidneys, issues with hormones like Cushing's syndrome, activity or inactivity of the thyroid gland", added the Saud Medical City.
- A study revealed that there is an association between high blood pressure when standing and the possibility of serious diseases like heart attack, stroke and other major cardiovascular diseases. Most Viewed : Benefits of drinking water
- According to a nutrition expert, bananas play an important role in maintaining a healthy heart and protecting against sudden high blood pressure, as it contains potassium, which maintains blood vessels and bones.
- The Nutrition expert also added that, eat foods that contain potassium, magnesium and vitamin B to maintain normal blood pressure and eating bananas daily can lower blood pressure. Follow Saudi Expatriates on Linkedin