Posted by : Aahil Shaik Thursday, December 22, 2022
Eating Apples and Pears reduces the risk of Stroke - Study
According to a new study, you should eat more apples and pears in order to reduce the risk of stroke, as per the recommendation of experts. Read : 6 foods that can risk your heart health
The Nutrition expert, Rob Hobson, while speaking on behalf of the British apple and pear company said, "The study reveals and highlighted the important role of fruits and vegetables have to play in heart health and in particular the risk of stroke".
- He said, pears contain flavonoids, which are antioxidant compounds that help fight inflammation and may reduce the risk of disease. It is possible that these compounds, along with the fiber content in pears, had an effect on this reduction in the risk of stroke. Recommend : Sleeping in this timings can lead to obesity and diabetic
- As per the study, those who ate the highest amount of fruits and vegetables were 13% less likely to have a stroke. The researchers then looked a subgroups of vegetables and those who regularly ate apples and pears were 22% less likely to have a stroke than those who did not eat apples and pears.
- The study also stated that those who ate the most fruits and vegetables had the lowest risk of stroke. Of these apples, pears, green leafy vegetables were shown to be the most protective against strokes.
- The study published in the Journal Atherosclerosis, followed with the team of 74,961 participants, in which 34,670 are women and 40,291 are men, who competed a food frequency questionnaire in the fall of 1997, at which they were free of stroke, coronary heart disease and cancer and after about in 10 years they were then tested. Most Viewed : 8 signs of Kidney disease
- The study specified that during that period, the group experienced a total of 4,089 stroke cases, including 3,159 cerebral infractions, 435 intracerebral hemorrhages, 148 subarachnoid hemorrhages and 347 unspecified strokes.
- The study also said that, the below mentioned factors can increase the risk of having a stroke,
* Eating Unhealthy foods
* Drinking a lot of alcohol
* Diabetic See Also : 5 signs that indicate diabetes
* High Blood Pressure
* A family history of stroke
* Atrial fibrillation.