- Back to Home »
- EXPATS NEWS , Ministry of Commerce , SAUDI ARABIA , SAUDI BANKS & REMITTANCES , SAUDI CENTRAL BANK , SAUDI NEWS »
- 6 steps to avoid Fraud and Scams in e-Commerce - Ministry of Commerce
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Wednesday, August 3, 2022
6 steps to avoid Fraud and Scams in e-Commerce - Ministry of Commerce
The Ministry of Commerce in Saudi Arabia revealed steps to avoid fraud in e-commerce, stating the need to verify the reliability of the store and its ownership of a commercial registry or a free business document.
The Ministry of Commerce through its official Twitter posted an infographic on the necessary steps to avoid fraud in e-commerce, which are
* Verify the store's reliability and ownership of a commercial register or a freelance document.
* Stay away from completing any payment process outside the store's website. Similar : Ministry warns against illegal and unknown forex trading platforms
* Not to deal with any e-payment links sent on Whatsapp or social media platforms.
* Beware of making any bank transactions to unknown accounts.
* Do not provide any other party with bank card details like card number, expiry date, cvv code, verification code in order to complete the process.
* Confirm the validity of discounts and irregular offers, especially in unknown stores. Recommend : License must to run e-stores of businesses
- The Governor of the Saudi Central Bank, Dr. Fahd bin Abdullah Al-Mubarak has recently launched the Join Operations Center for Saudi banks, which is concerned with the following up and monitoring cases of financial fraud that bank customers may be exposed to, as the center gathers all Saudi banks under one roof with the aim of improving the experience of clients and handling of confirmed cases of financial fraud.
- He said the establishments of this center comes from Saudi Central Bank's permanent support for the stability of the banking sector and the enhancement of confidence in it, based on the tasks and powers entrusted to Central Bank under its law and Banking Control System, including setting instructions and mechanisms to protect customers of banks operating in the Kingdom and taking appropriate action and measures to reduce the commission of fraudulent crimes related to clients. Join Saudi Expatriates on imo channel