Posted by : Aahil Shaik Sunday, July 12, 2020
Saudi Arabia controls ban Collective Housing of more than 20 Individual People
New health regulations introduced for collective housing for individuals in Saudi Arabia, the new rules stipulate conditions for public safety defined by relevant government sectors.
The controls states that 20 or more people cannot be housed under one roof, despite of the period of their stay, whether in or outside urban areas unless they are sticking to the health conditions approved by the lobar committee that are in place since the starting for Covid-19 pandemic.
The controls came into effect from Friday (10th July) are :
The controls included that in all the provinces of the Kingdom, where collective housing for individuals exist, The Minister of Municipal and Rural Affairs would would form permanent committees with members of the ministries of interior, municipal and rural affairs, health, human resources and social development and housing.
- Their tasks is to monitor and inspect such housing facilities to ensure implementation of the conditions set by the Health ministry and other sectors for housing in and outside cities and to register any violations.
- These committee should report the violations to the minister of municipal and rural affairs or whoever he assigns and recommend appropriate punishment, the can also close the house, if they deem it.
- Any decision on monetary fine rests with the minister of municipal and rural affairs. Those who are against the decision has been issued any move the administrative court in line with the provisions of the system of litigation before the board of grievances.
- The controls also said that anyone who violates the preventive and health conditions and safety procedures will be punished by imprisonment for a period not more than 30 days or by a fine not more than 1 million riyals on each violation or both.
- The penalties will be multiplied by number of violations and the penalties will be strict in times of crises. Hence the penalty will stiffened to jail for a period not more than 6 months or by a fine of not more than 1 million riyals or both. The penalties will be multiplied with the number of recorded violations.