Posted by : Aahil Shaik Tuesday, June 23, 2020
107 OFWs who died with Corona in Saudi Arabia to buried here
The remains of 353 Filipinos in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia are for disposition, Out of which, 107 of them who died because of Corona virus to be buried there said Philippine Ambassador of Saudi Arabia Adnan Alonto in his televised briefing.
While 246 Filipinos were not died because of Corona virus, Only 107 were infected with Covid-19, we have recorded 353 human remains for disposition.
- He added, "I understand the IATF (Inter-Agency Task for the Management of Emerging Infectious Disease) already made a pronouncement Corona related deaths will have to be buried here in Saudi Arabia".
- Alonto revealed that Saudi authorities mandate that remains of Corona related deaths be buried within 72 hours upon the time the embassy or consulate was informed.
- Most of the deaths are not linked with Corona virus they were due to natural causes, He explained.
- It took a while to process the repatriation of the Filipinos remains whose deaths were not related to Covid-19 because of the 3 months lockdown in Saudi Arabia, which limited the movement of public, even the flights are very limited from then to now.
- Earlier, Labor Secretary said there are 282 remains of Filipinos in Saudi Arabia that are for disposition, In which 50 of them are died because of the emerging corona virus to be buried in the Kingdom.