Posted by : Aahil Shaik Monday, May 11, 2020
Coronavirus cases in GCC Gulf states exceeds more than 100,000
Six states of Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) has More than 100,000 Coronavirus cases and 557 deaths, As per official figures, Within less than a month GCC infections raised from 15,000 to 100,000 from April 14 till Today.
The 6 GCC states are Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates, Several Gulf states seen spike in infections after eased some restrictions aimed for slowing the spread of Coronavirus around the beginning of the Islamic month of Ramadan.
However, The numbers are lower in comparison to European countries and the United States, which has become the new epicenter of the Covid-19 disease.
- Saudi Arabia has the highest number of cases in GCC states, As it has the largest population, Today the Kingdom announced 1966 new infections, 1280 recoveries and 9 new deaths making total to
Infections : 41,014
Recoveries : 12,737
Deaths : 255
- Oman is the least hit of Coronavirus, Today the Health ministry announces 174 new infections, in which 36 are Omanis and 138 are expatriates.
Infections : 3573
Recoveries : 1211
Deaths : 17
- Kuwait recorded 598 new Coronavirus cases, 178 new recoveries and 7 new deaths raising the total to
Infections : 9286
Recoveries : 2907
Deaths : 65
- Qatar reported 1103 new Coronaivurs infections, 87 recoveries and 0 deaths bringing the total cases in the region to
Infections : 23263
Recoveries : 3275
Deaths : 14
- The Kingdom of Bahrain has registered 216 new cases, 82 recoveries
Infections : 4990
Recovered : 2152
Deaths : 8
- United Arab Emirates has so far reported
Infections : 18198
Recoveries : 4804
Deaths : 198