Posted by : Aahil Shaik Friday, March 20, 2020
Saudi Arabia suspended all Domestic Flights, Trains, Buses and Taxis from 21st March for 14 days
Starting from Saturday (21st March 2020), Saudi Arabia suspended all domestic flights, buses, taxis and trains for 14 days in order to prevent the spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak in the country, After the Kingdom reported 274 infected cases with 8 recoveries. Trending : Saudi Arabia's King Salman addressed the Nation on Coronavirus
The suspension of all public transport in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to start from 6 AM on 21st March 2020 and it will last for 14 days.
- However, The suspension is exempted for some sectors like health services and basic commodities like food and energy, water and communications, air freight, cargo ships and necessary transfers. Most Viewed : Saudi Arabia suspends shopping malls, Parks and restaurants until further notice
- Flights related to humanitarian assistance, medical evacuation aircraft and private flights are also excluded under this new measures with necessary permission for such trips with the Civil Aviation Authority, Ministry of Interior and Ministry of Health.
- Buses belongings to government agencies or public and private health facilities and commercial companies transporting their employees or those used for the purpose of health, humanitarian work or security will only be allowed to operate with permit letters from Ministry of Interior and Ministry of Health. Recommend : Saudi Arabia suspends all international flights until further notice
- Taxis that providing services in airports, as per the requirement of GACA will be permitted to operate as well as those who have special permits.
- Those who violate the rules will be penalized, All the trains also suspended including Haramain Express train. See Also : Saudi Arabia suspends work in private sector for 14 days
- Boats and ships will be permitted to continue operating between Jizan and Farasan Islands, However, there is a limit of 100 passengers per trip, Those who are working and living in Farasan Island will be allowed to commute and tourists will not allowed in it, Cargo ships will also continue as usual.