Posted by : Aahil Shaik Tuesday, August 27, 2019
Ministry approves new Violation fines on Selling Visas, Keeping Passports, Salary Dues, Wrong Profession on Iqama or Work Permit, etc
The Ministry of Labor and Social Development in Saudi Arabia has approved new amendments in the Regulations of Saudi Labor Law with a new table of violations and penalties.
As per the new regulations, Those who are selling work visas or acting as brokers in sale of visas will be fined with 50,000 Saudi Riyals, The amount of penalty will be multiplied with the number of visas reported Saudi Press Agency (SPA).
- A fine of 10,000 on employers or sponsors who allows expatriates to work in other professions than mentioned on their iqamas or work permits.
- An owner of the company who provides wrong information or data to the ministry in order to get benefit from the ministry will face a fine of 25,000 SR, The amount will be multiplied with the number of employees who took advantage of services or visas.
- If the Employers or sponsors who found keeping passports, iqamas or medical insurance of the employees or their family members will face a fine of 5000 SR.
- A fine of 3000 SR will be imposed for not paying salaries on time, A fine of 10,000 SR on the company if it fails to comply with the regulations for aloting the scheduled vacation to the employees.
- The Ministry aims to regulate the Saudi Labor Market in line with the changes and successive developments witnessed in the market in order to meet competitiveness and compliance of regulations on companies.
- The decision also granted the right to object to the decision issued to inflict the penalty prescribed for the violation committed by the companies to the Ministry within 30 days from the date of notification of the decision. For more information on new penalties and fines of violations visit www.mlsd.gov.sa/sites/default/files/178743.pdf