Posted by : Aahil Shaik Jan 22, 2019
MINISTRY ANNOUNCES NEW RULES FOR WORKING WOMEN IN SAUDI ARABIA
Ministry of Labor and Social Development in Saudi Arabia has started an initiative to set new working environment for women, aiming to improve the standards of it and to make it more attractive for them. Trending : Commercial landlords files lawsuits after expats shut shops and left Saudi
According to the Saudi Press Agency (SPA), The goal of the decision is to open more job opportunities for women. The proposed decision includes to keep away any measures that would affect the freedom of women that is in violation of the labor system and wage uniformity. Recommend : New salary policy for private companies
- In Industrial areas work for women must be only till 6 PM and women are entitled to safe and decent clothes in production lines. However production lines cannot be mixed.
- Companies must provide a suitable place for female employees to perform prayers and to take rest. Read : List of new traffic fines in Saudi Arabia in 2019
- A woman cannot be asked to work in night shift in a mixed place unless there is at least one more woman with her and men should not work in places that are reserved for women.
- The working hours for women ending atleast by 11 PM. Women can do night shifts from 6 PM to 6 AM, if their work is in the health or charity sectors, emergencies or is needed to keep materials from being damaged.
- All workplaces with women employees must include private toilets and separate area of work or counters. See Also : Saudi Arabia labor law 2019
- Women can also do night shifts, if they are holding senior positions or have leadership assignments or if they are working in the companies that are under municipalities during special season of Ramadan. It also applies if the work involves presenting events to public.