- Back to Home »
- NEW AMENDMENTS IN SAUDI LABOR LAW 2019
NEW AMENDMENTS IN SAUDI LABOR LAW 2019
Saudi Arabia's employers will no longer be allowed to keep the Resident IDs (Iqamas), Passports, Health Insurance cards of their employees reported Saudi local media. Recommend : Employee termination without notice as per labor law
According to new regulations that have been enforced the amendments in the Saudi labor law introduced by Minister of Labor and Social Development Ahmed Suleiman Al Rajhi, reported Saudi Gazette. Trending : Notice period as per Saudi Arabia labor law
- As per the new amendments, companies will have to correct their violations within 10 days, instead of 30 days and should pay fines imposed on them within 60 days, instead of 15 days.
- The Ministry of Labor and Social Development also warned that it will suspend all its services to violators who will not pay their fines and fix the issue in time. Similar : Retirement age in KSA Labor law
- The new amendments also clarified a situation where an employee may be fired without receiving his ESB or End of Service Benefits in below conditions.
1. If the worker is absent from work for 15 days or 30 not continuous days during a year. Related : Probation period in Saudi Arabia labor law
2. If the worker physically attacks a colleague at work or verbally attacks a manager or superior even by electronic way.