- Back to Home »
- SAUDIZATION OF BAQALAS & GROCERY STORES TO SAVE 6 BILLION RIYALS
Dec 29, 2018
SAUDIZATION OF BAQALAS & GROCERY STORES TO REDUCE 6 BILLION RIYALS REMITTANCES OF EXPATS
A number of economic specialists said that the settlement of grocery stores will provide thousands of job opportunities for Saudi youth and it will reduce the remittances of expatriate workers by 6 billion Saudi riyals. Most Viewed : Pakistan, Indonesia and India is in top list for sending Umrah pilgrims this years
The economic expert Dr. Luay Tayyar believe that the statistics indicate the presence of more than 160 thousand expatriate workers working in the grocery stores. Recommend : Saudis allowed in Bahrain without border procedures at King Fahad Causeway
- It is difficult to settle the grocery sector by 100% in the initial years as there are many small stores in remote areas which would be settled later in the coming years he added.
- He also said the total remittances of expatriate workers working in the field of grocery stores amounted to be 6 billion riyals which could further boost the state budget and help create more jobs for Saudis. Trending : Guide for new expats of Saudi Arabia
- Operating and owning a grocery store does not require skills or a huge money, It only need seriousness in work and paying attention to the products expiry dates.
- Abdul Rahman Al SHahrani called for making it a commitment on the grocery stores to use the e-payment system saying that it would reduce tasattur, or cover up operation by foreigners in the name of Saudi citizens.
- He believe that a general societal culture, citizens usually prefer to buy from Saudi sellers and not from expatriates. Read : Saudi Arabia introduced tourist visa of 14 days for few countries