- Back to Home »
- INDIA RELEASES 100 RUPEES COIN IN MEMORY OF FORMER PM
Dec 28, 2018
PM MODI RELEASES 100 RUPEES COIN IN MEMORY OF ATAL BIHARI VAJPAYEE
India released a new coin of 100 Rupees in the memory and honor of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee who died recently in the year 2018. The coin was released to mark his 94th birth anniversary. Trending : Family visit visa fee for Indians
As of now there was only 100 rupees notes, this is the first time India launched its 100 rupees coin which is the highest denomination in the form of a coin now. The launch of Rs 100 coin comes after the weeks of introduction of 200 Rupees notes for the first time. Recommend : Country wise Saudi Arabia visit visa fee
- On the front face the coin features the National Emblem of India Ashoka Pillor Lion with the words 'Stayamev Jayate' and the country name in Hindi 'Bharat' and in English 'India'.
- The reverse face of the coin features a portrait of Atal Bihari Vajapyee with his name in English and Hindi. The coin also includes his date of birth and date of death at the bottom. Read : Indians can now travel up to 58 countries without visa
- It weighs about 135 grams and is made up of 4 metals of silver with 50%, copper with 40%, zinc with 5% and nickel with 5%.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with senor BJP leadears were present at the event. After demonetization in 2016, The government has made several changes in existing currencies and issued new currency notes of 2000 rupees and 200 rupees. See Also : Gold limit allowed to carry at Indian airports