Posted by : Aahil Shaik Mar 25, 2019
THINGS TO DO & NOT TO DO IN SAUDI ARABIA DURING THIS MONTH
A month of blessing (Holy Ramadan) is about to start from May 6th in the year 2019 (1440 H) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, It is usually the 9th month of a Hijri or lunar calendar. Trending : Holidays in Saudi Arabia for the year 2019
- It is a month of fasting, self control and Sadaqa (Charity) for all the Muslims of the world.
- Fasting in the month of Ramadan is one of the 5 pillars of Islam.
- Holy Quran was revealed in this blessed month (Ramadan) only. Recommend : Things to do before Eid
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT RAMADAN IN SAUDI ARABIA :
- Working hours in the month of Ramadan for Muslims in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia should not exceed 36 hours in a week or 6 hours in a single day for both private and public sector, Almost all the companies provide same working hours to non Muslims too.
- It is must for non Muslims to respect the fasting of Muslims in Ramadan and do not eat or drink in public in fasting hours from sunrise to sunset in the blessed month of Ramadan. Most Viewed : Ramadan salaries to be paid earlier
- Smoking or chewing gum is also prohibited in public places during the fasting time, especially from sunrise to sunset in the month of Holy Ramadan.
- Non Muslims should plan their breakfast and lunch at home or in a private place instead of offices, work places or public places.
- Restaurants must be closed during day time and should be open only at night or just before the sunset or after Magrib prayer. Read : Vacation and Leaves for expats according to Saudi Labor Law
- Kindly note that all banks, remittance centers, businesses and shopping malls timings will be changed in the month of Ramadan.