Posted by : Aahil Shaik Thursday, December 21, 2017
SAUDI SET RULES & REGULATIONS ON TAXIS, CABS
Public Transport Authority(PTA)has announced they will start imposing fines on Taxis, private cabs and ride sharing services drivers for not considering the safety and readiness of vehicles and on violating the rules and regulations.
PTA Inspector said the penalties will be imposed on drivers who violates rules and regulations that are made for the safety of drivers and riders.
- The penalty for not installing meter in the cabs is 5000 Saudi Riyals, A fine of 500 Saudi Riyals will be imposed on taxi or cab drivers for not wearing uniform, A fine of 500 Saudi Riyals will be imposed on drivers if their cars are unclean and looks dirty from inside or outside.
- The Taxis should mention clear signs on top like "Taxi Riyadh", "Taxi Jeddah", "Taxi Dammam", "Taxi Makkah", etc,. If the sign boards are unclear there will be a fine of 1000 Saudi Riyals on the vehicle drivers.
- A penalty of 1000 Saudi Riyals will be imposed on the driver if his vehicle front seat or back seat company information is not available.
- A fine of 500 Saudi Riyals on taxi drivers if they do not have first aid kid or fire extinguisher or hazard triangle, making 1500 Saudi Riyals fine on these three accessories.
- Expat taxi drivers without proper license will face a penalty of 5000 Saudi Riyals, Pick up service seekers should make sure that they will get Saudi drivers through private internet cabs. Private cabs should make sure they have only Saudi national drivers.