Posted by : Aahil Shaik Sep 5, 2016
FLIGHT DELAY COMPENSATION IN SAUDI ARABIA
Passengers who travel by air can claim a compensation of 300 SR(Saudi Riyal) per hour up to 10 hours, if their flight is delayed or air staff failed to announce the revised time of flight take-off.
According to Article 8 of GACA's (General Authority of Civil Aviation) consumer protection rights, If the air carrier failed to announce the new revised time of flight take-off, carrier must compensate the traveler with SR 300 for each hour delay. Recommended : Apply for Transit Visa Saudi
- Traveler compensate amount should not exceed more than SR 3000 or more than 10 hours. Similar : How many airports in Saudi Arabia
- It is also stated that, If the delay is more than 6 hours, airlines should provide hotel accommodation to passengers. Related : Airport Tax in Saudi Arabia
- Passengers must be careful for what terms they are agreeing while booking their air ticket. As GACA only guarantee the above rights if passengers did not settle with airline for less compensate or amount. Read Also : Travel Information of KSA
- As people are unaware of laws and regulations of GACA, Airlines can take advantage of it, In case of flight delays. See Also : Saudi Public Transport Company
- Airlines will be more cautious, if the passengers are aware of the regulations of flight delay penalties.