Posted by : Aahil Shaik Tuesday, January 26, 2016
BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINT MUST FOR EVERY NEW SIM CARD
As per the Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC), Security agencies and Ministry Of Interior in Saudi Arabia imposed a strict new regulation on telecommunication subscribers and new SIM card mobile phone users to register their biometric fingerprints in a mobile sim information system as a part of National security.
- First phase starting today (26th Jan 2016), All new SIM card buyers need to provide their biometric fingerprint with telecom network as a national security measure. This decision was supposed to implement last year, It was delayed due to some telecom companies need to get fingerprint reader device from outside of kingdom. Recommended : Fingerprint must for expats children
- All mobile companies must follow this new rule on purchase of new SIM Cards. This new law is applicable for all the customers including Citizens, Gulf state citizens, Expatriates, Visitors and Haj and Umrah Pilgrims. Recommended : Check STC balance
- Bio metric fingerprint system data will be shared with Saudi National Information Centre for identity confirmation of SIM card buyer. This is an effort for fighting terror, to prevent users from using fraudulent identities and restricting mobile users from taking part in activities that threatening Saudi national security. Recommended : Unknown sim on iqama
- Biometric fingerprint system is not necessary for recharging your sim card (for adding talk time) or for paying your phone bill. Recommended : Check Mobily Balance
- Mobile phone companies holds 53 million subscribers in kingdom of Saudi Arabia out of 30 million population, Few people are using two or more SIMs from different networks. Recommended : Check Zain Balance