Jan 19, 2019
A PAKISTANI PILGRIM KILLED BY FALLING ROCK IN HIRA CAVE AT AL NOOR MOUNTAIN
A woman pilgrim from Pakistan who came for performing Umrah was killed in Makkah at Jabal Al Nour of Ghar-e-Hira cave, as a rock fell on her head crushing her to death. Trending : Saudi pregnant woman new rights
The deceased woman, who was in her 40's was taken to the mortuary in Makkah with pending results of investigation which is underway. Recommend : Official method to check the status of a person
- The Al Maabda police started the investigation and inquiry into the circumstances the woman's death, whether the incident was an accident or intentional.
- The Pakistani woman pilgrim was visiting the cave of Ghar-e-Hira, in the holy city of Makkah, when a rock from the mount peak, killing her on the spot.
- Last year, Authorities in Makkah warned the Hajj and Umrah travel agencies against taking visitors to the site due to safety concerns. Most Viewed : How to check visit visa validity in Saudi Arabia
- In the year 2015, A Turkish Hajj pilgrim died on the mountain as he slipped and fell while chasing a monkey that had snatched his bag.
- Muslims all over the world are drawn to small cave called Gaar Hira near the top of Al Noor mountain in which the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) received the first relvations of the Holy Quran. See Also : Drop in number of Indians coming to Saudi Arabia for work
- However, Some heritage activists are urging the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah to develop the site and make it safer for the visitors.