- Back to Home »
- AUTHORITIES SET NEW RULES ON EMPLOYING EXPAT ENGINEERS
SAUDI AUTHORITIES SETS NEW REGULATIONS ON EMPLOYING EXPAT ENGINEERS
Authorities in Saudi Arabia set new regulations which restrict the recruitment of expatriate engineers. Trending : Non ECR Indian passport holders must register in eMigrate
As per the new rules, freshly graduated expat engineers would be stopped from working in Saudi Arabia as they do not have lack of professional experience in the field.
- Earlier it was informed to all the organizations that foreign engineers with less than 5 years of experience would not be employed in Saudi Arabia.
- The Saudi Council of Engineers (SCE) regulatory panel had already granted companies in charge, a 3 months of time to terminate the contracts of those expat engineers who do not meet the 5 year rule criteria and who were hired before the new regulations. See Also : Saudi Railway Company train is now up to Al Jouf from Riyadh
- Companies should hire only associate engineers whose academic degrees are accredited by an official authority in the employees home country and pass an assessment test.
- The aim of the decision is to provide Saudi Engineers the opportunity to work in both public and private sectors and gain the necessary real time professional experience. Read : Update dependents passport data using Absher service
- The Ministry of Labor and Social Development had issued an order to prohibit the employment of expatriate engineers with less than five year experience and up from the 3 year criteria in the past.