- Back to Home »
- 69 PERCENT OF EMPLOYEES ARE EXPATS IN SMALL & MEDIUM COMPANIES
SMALL & MEDIUM COMPANIES HOLD MORE THAN 69% OF EXPAT EMPLOYEES
More than 69% of employees in Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) in Saudi Arabia are expats, According to the released official data of The General Authority of Statistics. Trending : 1.2 million Saudi expats left in final exit visa
The Saudi Arabia's General Authority for Statistics has revealed in its annual survey that Small and Medium companies has more than 3.71 million people out of 4.72 million employees who are working in 949,86,000 Small and Medium Enterprises. Recommend : No more expats in car rental offices of Saudi Arabia
- Nearly 1.33 million expatriates which is about 35.9% of employees are working in the wholesale and retail sector and 14.7% which is about 546,000 workers are working in the manufacturing activities.
- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the other Gulf countries heavily depend on foreign labor. As per the earlier statements of Saudi officials Small and Medium companies account for 90% of the country's total facilities. Related : Saudi council to cancel expat levy on small and medium companies
- The number of workers in Saudi Arabia reached to 13.76 million at the ending of 2017, More than 77% (About 10.69 million) of them are expatriates and 22.3% or 3.06 million are Saudi nationals.
- Saudi Arabia is working on the localisation of most of the jobs in many economic sectors and restricted the expat jobs in various sectors like insurance, telecom and transport. Similar : 6 months of time for companies to pay expat levy