- Back to Home »
- NO MORE EXPATS IN CAR RENTAL SECTOR FROM MARCH 18
BAN ON EXPATS TO WORK IN CAR RENTAL OFFICES FROM MARCH 18, 2018
Some of the car rental offices in Saudi Arabia had chosen to shut their offices as the deadline is coming into force on March 18 of 2018. All the car rental sector in the Kingdom to employ only Saudi citizens in the offices as per the Ministry of Labor in Saudi Arabia. Similar : 20000 Fine on each expat in car rental sector
Labor Ministry of Saudi Arabia is about to penalize the car rental offices from March 18, who did not compliant with the order of employing nationals in the car rental sector, The aim of the drive is to decrease the unemployment in Saudi locals. Trending : No jail, but will be fined on not wearing seat belts and using mobile phone while driving
- Ministry announced the ban of expatriates to work in the car rental offices on January of this year with the deadline of March 18, 2018. A similar ban was seen in the year 2016, where number of expats banned from working to work in the mobile shops, which resulted in closing of number of mobile shops.
- According to one of the investor of car rental sector, His business did not generate that much profit as the other companies, It is a loss for him as he have to pay high salary to the Saudi employees and to maintain the buying or servicing of vehicles, so he is shutting his shop. Most Viewed : Expats in trouble as Saudi is heading towards reshaping its economy
- While the another investor said, It is actually benefit to the Saudi employees, In reducing the unemployment by paying them a monthly salary of 4000 to 5500 Saudi Riyals. Saudi citizens will be happy with the reservations with the conditions offered to workers, which includes working on weekends and holidays as the demand is highest in this time.
- From the Hijri new year 1440, 12 job categories are restricted to only Saudi citizens, No foreign workers will be allowed to work in the mentioned 12 sectors, Which may results most of expats lose their jobs this year 2018. Related : Ban on expats jobs in 12 categorized sectors