- Back to Home »
- THOUSANDS OF EXPATS ARRESTED FOR VIOLATIONS
MORE THAN 700,000 EXPATRIATES ARRESTED IN SAUDI ARABIA
With in four months of time more than 696,454 expatriates have been arrested in Saudi Arabia in the ongoing crackdown against the violators of labor regulations and residence permits.
- Saudi security authorities crackdown on illegals and violators started from November 15th, 2017 in the ongoing campaign of 'Nation without illegal expats'.
- According to Saudi Press Agency report, More than 489,376 were arrested for violating residency laws while nearly 145,522 arrested for violating Saudi labor laws and nearly 61,556 were arrested for breaching security regulations till now.
- 63 percent of the Yemenis are arrested for crossing and sneaking border illegally from Southern part of Saudi Arabia, 35% in the arrested people are Ethiopians and 3% from other nationalities.
- 1341 people arrested for providing transportation and shelter to the illegal expats. 96,826 expats cases transferred to their diplomatic missions for allowing them to issue travel documents while 109,847 are still awaiting for the reservation of their air tickets for deportation.
- 168,098 expat violators are already deported from Saudi Arabia to their countries in these ongoing campaign and in four months of time.