- Back to Home »
- ABOUT 1 MILLION EXPATS ARRESTED FOR VIOLATIONS
MORE THAN 1.13 MILLION EXPATRIATES ARRESTED IN SAUDI ARABIA
With in six months of time more than 1,131,324 expatriates have been arrested in Saudi Arabia in the ongoing crackdown against the violators of labor regulations and residence permits.
- Saudi security authorities crackdown on illegals and violators started from November 15th, 2017 in the ongoing campaign of 'Nation without illegal expats'.
- According to Saudi Press Agency report, More than 709,269 were arrested for violating residency laws while nearly 182,978 arrested for violating Saudi labor laws and nearly 92,204 were arrested for breaching security regulations till now.
- 57 percent of the Yemenis are arrested for crossing and sneaking border illegally from Southern part of Saudi Arabia, 40% in the arrested people are Ethiopians and 3% from other nationalities, 16,276 expats were arrested for crossing the border illegally.
- 2,029 people arrested for providing transportation and shelter to the illegal expats. 161,418 expats cases transferred to their diplomatic missions for allowing them to issue travel documents while 198,958 are still awaiting for the reservation of their air tickets for deportation.
- 292,206 expat violators are already deported from Saudi Arabia to their countries in these ongoing campaign and in few months of time.