Posted by : Aahil Shaik Saturday, December 23, 2017
MORE THAN 1.36 MILLION EXPATRIATES ARRESTED IN SAUDI ARABIA
With in seven months of time more than 1.36 million expatriates have been arrested in Saudi Arabia in the ongoing crackdown against the violators of labor regulations and residence permits.
- Saudi security authorities crackdown on illegals and violators started from November 15th, 2017 in the ongoing campaign of 'Nation without illegal expats'.
- According to Saudi Press Agency report, More than 1,017,427 were arrested for violating residency laws while nearly 218,897 arrested for violating Saudi labor laws and nearly 108,793 were arrested for breaching security regulations till now.
- 52 percent of the Yemenis are arrested for crossing and sneaking border illegally from Southern part of Saudi Arabia, 45% in the arrested people are Ethiopians and 3% from other nationalities, 21,112 expats were arrested for crossing the border illegally and trying to sneak at the border.
- 2,167 people arrested for providing transportation and shelter to the illegal expats. 177,329 expats cases transferred to their diplomatic missions for allowing them to issue travel documents while 221,404 are still awaiting for the reservation of their air tickets for deportation.
- 327,034 expat violators are already deported from Saudi Arabia to their countries in these ongoing campaign and in few months of time.