- Back to Home »
- LIMIT OF SIMS ON EXPATS & CITIZENS
Jun 4, 2017
SAUDI SETS LIMIT OF SIM CARDS FOR EXPATS & CITIZENS
Saudi Arabia has now set a limit on the number of prepaid sim cards used by expats and citizens in the Kingdom in an effort to curb terrorism and eliminate illegal sim cards which is threatening national security. Trending : Last Chance to final exit in amnesty
Expats are now restricted to use two prepaid sim cards applicable in voice or data card with any of the telecom operator, In a similar way Saudi citizens are now restricted to 10 prepaid sim cards on each identity. Recommend : Finger Print must for sim card
- Those who already have more than two sim cards can continue to use it, But they cannot register new sim cards, To get a new sim you should cancel all old sims even though it is not in use, However their is no restriction on postpaid connections.
- If an expatriate wants to register new sim card for his family members either wife or children then he should visit a telecom service provider outlet in order to obtain it.
- You can always track how many sim cards are registered on your iqama identity by following this link https://portalservices.citc.gov.sa/E-Services/MyNumbers/MyNumbersInquiry.aspx
- This is just a temporary plan to limit the prepaid sim cards on expats and citizens for removing the illegal sim cards from the market as per the statement of CITC (Communication and Information Technology Commission).
- Earlier also CITC restricted all telecom operators from providing unlimited package data on prepaid sim cards you can read more in this article "No More Unlimited Plans on Prepaid Sim Cards". Before this CITC mandate bio-metric fingerprints of each prepaid sim card subscriber.