IQAMA RENEWAL IN SAUDI ARABIA (MUQEEM CARD)
As technology improving day by day, Saudi Arabia government adapting all the services from manual work to online. Now sponsors or employers can renew employees resident card through online, If you already have Muqeem card, It will be used for 5 years, If you have Iqama which is expired, Then your Muqeem card will be delivered through courier or Saudi post.
If your sponsor failed to renew it, he will be fined equivalent to Saudi Iqama renewal fee, fine is double for any other violation, Three violations of resident may result to departure to your home country.
Your Saudi Arabia bank account and remittance center accounts will be freezed, If your iqama/Muqeem expired, So before expiring of your iqama or muqeem card withdraw all money from your bank account. You can submit a copy of your new muqeem card in bank and remittance centers to unfreeze it.
- Iqama renewal in Saudi Arabia must be renewed at least 3 days before of its expiry date.
- Iqama/Muqeem renewal fee SR 650/-
- Iqama/Muqeem renewal fee of family members or dependents above 18 years is SR 500/-
- If your company has less than 50% of Saudi's, there will be a fee of SR 2400/- for labor office. However, This fee will be exempt for 4 expatriates, if your company (small business) has less than 10 employees.
- Few of Residents from countries (Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Nepal, Nigeria, Somalia, Sudan, Thailand, Vietnam) have to provide medical test report while renewing muqeem.
Once this process is finished, Your sponsor will collect your old iqama and get print of new muqeem card within two working days. Do not forget to collect a letter from your employer that your iqama is in under renewing. Attach your old iqama copy to that letter, this will be your temporary iqama.
- You can get free SMS from MOI (Ministry Of Interior) regarding your services, if you are registered with them (Procedure to register in MOI).
- Check (Muqeem Card) Status of Iqama renewal in Saudi Arabia (Saudi Iqama Status Enquiry).