Posted by : Aahil Shaik Saturday, April 17, 2021
Things to Do and Not To Do during Ramadan in Saudi Arabia
The month of blessed Ramadan has arrived in Saudi Arabia and all over the world, Generally It is the 9th month in a Hijri calendar. Holy Ramadan is a month of fasting, self control and Charity, It is a month when the Holy Qur'an is revealed. Join Saudi Expatriates on Telegram
Things to keep in mind while Ramadan in Saudi Arabia :
1. The Working hours in Saudi Arabia during Ramadan is reduced to 6 hours in a day or 36 hours in a week for Muslims in both private and public sector, However, all companies provides same working hours for the non-Muslims workers too.
2. Smoking or chewing gum is not allowed in public places during the Holy month Ramadan especially at the time of fasting that is from sunrise till sunset.
3. Non-Muslims working in Saudi Arabia should plan their breakfast and lunch at a private place or at home during fasting time instead of eating at public places, work places or offices.
4. Non-Muslims must respect the fasting of Muslims, It is not allowed to eat or drink in public during sunrise to sunset in the holy month of Ramadan.
5. Restaurants must be closed during day time in Ramadan, it should be open just before sunset and must close before Fajr prayer. Read : 6 fruits that mentioned in Holy Quran by its name
6. All banks, offices, remittance centers, businesses and shopping malls timings will be changed during Ramadan month.