Posted by : Aahil Shaik Wednesday, April 15, 2020
Free Home Delivery of Medicines through Saudi Post, A new Initiative from Health Ministry
The Ministry of Health in Saudi Arabia has implemented a new initiative where Saudi Citizens and expatriates can now get their medicines prescribed by some hospitals delivered at their residential without any cost as per the Saudi Press Agency report. Trending : Relief for some expats as Saudi Arabia decided to move temporarily some labors to the Schools
In order to prevent the spread of coronavirus the government has enhanced its efforts by implementing a new initiative, which will avoid the unnecessary travel of the people, The Ministry of Health has signed a Memorandum of understanding between Saudi Post to help and keep the citizens and expatriates in their home for their safety and health reported Saudi Gazette.
Saudi Post to deliver the medicines for free, Initially, The service will start for the patients of 4 hospitals which are affiliated by the Health Ministry.
1. King Salman Hospital, Riyadh
2. The Maternity and Children Hospital, Dammam
3. King Fahad Specialist Hospital, Riyadh
4. The Maternity and Children Hospital in Al Ahsa.
- As per the procedure, The request of medicines will be sent to external pharmacies attached with respective hospitals, After the examination and confirmation, each patient's request is collected separately. Read : Ramadan is expected to begin on 24th April in Saudi Arabia
- Then the patient will be contacted and informed about the shipment of medicines via Saudi Post at the registered national address. The medicines will be collected by Saudi Post and delivered to the patients after notifying them with a SMS message on their phones including a number to verify the receipt for completing the shipment.