Sep 4, 2018
PROCEDURE TO UPDATE RESIDENT PASSPORT INFORMATION THROUGH ABSHER
Ministry Of Interior's (MOI) Absher app is now allowing the sponsors (kafeels) to update their dependents or domestic workers passport data (Transferring the passport information) into MOI systems. See Also : Procedure to document lease contract in Ejar
It is not possible for anyone to travel out of Saudi Arabia, If your passport data is expired or not updated in the MOI systems. Earlier update was only possible through visiting Jawazat, However now its online through your Absher mobile app. Read : Penalty for transporting or employing illegal expats
Procedure to update passport information in MOI system through Absher app :
1. Install Absher application in your mobile, If you already have it, Then log in into it and switch to "E-Services" from the top menu.
2. In the left side choose "Passports" look for "Update Resident Passport Information", click on it. Recommend : Procedure to obtain Police Clearance Certificate
3. Click on "Start Using Service" then click on "Dependent List", Select the dependent for whom you want to update the passport information from the available list, Click on "Next".
4. Now you can able to enter Passport Number, Issuance date, expiry date and issuance city of the new passport. However only those can able to enter the details whose passport data is expired or about to expire in 6 months.
- Only sponsor or authorized user can use this eService.
- You cannot use the service to update your passport information. Only sponsor or business owner can update your passport information.
- Update beneficiary passport information request can be used only once in every 5 years.
- Update residents passport information is not allowed, If beneficent passport expiry date in Absher is greater than 6 months.
- Beneficiary must be inside in Saudi Arabia during the transaction, He or she must not be 'Absent from work'.