Posted by : Aahil Shaik Monday, September 10, 2018
SUPREME COURT IN SAUDI ARABIA ANNOUNCED 11th SEPTEMBER IS THE FIRST DAY OF NEW HIJRI YEAR 1440
The Supreme Court of Saudi Arabia has announced tomorrow (11th September, 2018) Tuesday is the first day of new calendar 1440 (Muharram 1st). Trending : Saudization inspections to begin from 11th September
Supreme Court of Saudi Arabia said in its statement that the crescent of the month of Muharram 1440 H was not sighted on Sunday evening (29/12/1439H) that is on 9th September 2018. Recommend : Naqal maloomat of dependents or workers is now in Absher app
- So the Supreme Court in Saudi Arabia decided that Monday (30/12/1439) that is 10th September is the last day of the 1439 Hijri calendar and Tuesday (01/01/1440) is the first day of Muharram, according to the Umm Al Qura calendar.
- The journey of the Prophet Mohammed(Peace Be Upon Him) from Makkah to Madina is called Hijrah or Hijra, It is the beginning of counting the Islamic or Hijri new year, It was on 622 AD. The Hijri year is always designated with "H" Hijri or "AH" Latin word Anno Hegirae. Read : Countdown starts for Haramain Train service
- Hijri or Islamic year is of 354 or 355 days and it is 11 to 12 days lesser than the Gregorian year(365 days), Islamic(Hijri) year is lunar as it is based on the moon, while the Gregorian year is solar, it is based on the sun.
- Hijri Calendar consists of 12 months, Each month is either 29 or 30 days based on the moon cycle of that month. See Also : Hiring expats is get expensive in Saudi Arabia
- Few companies in Saudi Arabia follows Hijri calendar for paying salaries, In this case every employee get 11 to 12 days more salary as compared to Gregorian calendar.